Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Recently,  I've been catching myself thinking about what type of algorithm we're going to be using to compute schedules. I've been trying to think of various ways to do it, but have not really thought too deeply; I've mainly just been accruing starting ideas to then run on and see where they might lead to when it comes to the point of actually developing the algorithm. I've tried searching online to see what might already be out there, and found a thing that used a genetic algorithm to create a class schedule. Unfortunately, we have many more variables that would have to be accounted for, and the genetic algorithm is probably out of scope for this project at the moment; the best bet for now is to create a simple naive algorithm or a greedy algorithm to create schedules when the time to comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment