Friday, January 31, 2014

I really like the idea of Agile software development, mainly because I think I've inherently been doing it throughout my CS undergrad degree without knowing it. It is really nice to have a very well thought out and codified software development approach that enables you to work efficiently and gives you the versatility to work how you want to.

Throughout my classes, I had heard of Agility software development, but had never really looked into it. I find it interesting that there are two different kinds of Agile methods: the waterfall method and the lightweight method. After reading about both of them (skimmed), the lightweight method is definitely the most agile between the two; the waterfall method feels too structured and restricts freedom of workflow, while, in my experience, having something so structured in programming never really works out too well: mainly because things appear unexpectedly and you have to go back a step or two to fix something. One of the main things that I agree with the most about lightweight vs waterfall is that lightweight has continuous testing of your code as you implement features instead of just a testing phase where you test everything at once.

No comments:

Post a Comment